How You Can Join The Movement
The Fresh Table Pop Up Community Pantry is powered by compassionate volunteers eager to help a neighbor. We are more than a food pantry, we are a community!
Fresh Table volunteers believe that fresh food is a fundamental right and no one should have to choose between paying a bill or eating a healthy meal.
Fresh Table Volunteers are:
- Eager to help others
- Committed and Dependable
- Have a positive attitude
- Respectful to all neighbors
- Problem solvers
- Flexible go getters
- Good neighbors and communicators
- Receive food delivery and stage pallets for set up
- Set up tables, tents, and Fresh Table signs
- Unload and unbox fresh food
- Prepare the Fresh Table and restock items as needed.
- Keep the Fresh Table looking neat and orderly
- Greet and welcome neighbors to the Fresh Table
- Help neighbors sign up and check in
- Answer questions and share information about other food support resources in the community
- Strike tables & tents
- Collapse and recycle boxes
- Clean up and prepare for the next Fresh Table Pop Up
Be an Advocate
You and Your Friends Can be Fresh Table Advocates
- Receive Action Alerts and Updates from the Fresh Table.
- Spread the news about the Fresh Table in the community.
- Promote Fresh Table events on Social Media.
- Share information with neighbors, elected officials, and community organizations.
- Encourage neighbors to use the Fresh Table if they need a little help until payday.
Create a Fundraiser
When you or your organization host a fundraiser for the Fresh Table of Scotia-Glenville you help someone bridge the gap between paychecks and plates. We’ve seen the impact that a single meal can make in someone’s life.
Creating a fundraiser is easy and our volunteer leaders are eager to help you get started. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Collect redeemable bottles and cans and donate the bottle deposit.
- Host a Harvest Party. Invite your friends over for a special dinner party or brunch. Pass around a basket and collect donations from friends and family.
- Hold a bake sale or lemonade stand
- Sip and Drip’s (aka Paint a Sip) can be done with wine or coffee
- Charity sports competitions are great ways to activate your fans around a cause.
- Donate your birthday. Instead of getting another sweater, tie, or pair of shoes, ask your friends and family to donate to the Fresh Table.
Volunteering is easy and flexible!
Sign up for one shift or many. You can choose a shift
Volunteers of all ages are welcome and are encouraged to help. Volunteers under 14 must be accompanied by an adult 18+.
Volunteer Sign Up Form
You and Your Friends Can Be a Hunger Relief Advocates!
Additional Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Fresh Table Management
- Social Media and Promotion
- Nutrition Education
- Recipe Writing
- Fundraising and Development
- Resource Navigation
Donate Today or Get Involved
Help to Build Food Secure Homes By Donating Today!
The Fresh Table Pop Up Community Pantry is a mobile food pantry and authorized member of the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York. We are governed by a Steering Committee of volunteers and are actively working to secure 501 (c)3 status.